The link below provides further helpful links to assist you as a coach, including Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) documents, drills, sample practice plans, and coaching tips.
Lacoka Lacrosse Association
Parent and Player Conduct
1. Every coach will hold a parent and player meeting within the first week of the season to outline expectations for the upcoming season.
- volunteer positions required (manager, timekeeper schedule)
- procedure for absences
- practice and game conduct
- dressing room conduct
- procedure and contact information for parents and players to relay concerns
- review parent and player pledge forms outlining expectations for conduct
- review policies and implications of unacceptable conduct. Our goal is to ensure that all parents and players are aware that Lacoka Lacrosse has a zero tolerance policy for bullying and harrassment that can result in the loss of the priviledge to play or participate in lacrosse.
2. Coaches are expected to maintain a presence in the dressing room throughout the season, at all levels. This may include direct supervision by two adults in the younger divisions and a strong ongoing presence in the higher levels. Coaches are expected to monitor dressing room behaviour for the safety of all athletes.